My Photo
Name:
Location: Graham, North Carolina (NC), United States

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Commitments

I am still married in law, but my marriage feels more and more like a dead husk ready to be sloughed off, cling to it as I might, still holding out hope that my wife, who is dead set on divorcing me, will somehow "see the light," have some revelation that marriage can transform total strangers into family. And family is important to me. Not to her, I guess.

Hope is an obstacle sometimes.

Marriage is about commitment. Not only marriage, but family too. And work, and whatever else you value in your life. You have to keep coming back to it. Keep committing to it. I've committed to the importance of my family again and again in my life, no matter how much I disagree with how any of them live or act: blood is thicker than water, at least it is for me. And work is also about commitment. As is a religion or program or spiritual path or what have you. And many other things, I'm sure, but work, family and some sort of discipline, practice or spiritual path in life are most important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home