My Photo
Name:
Location: Graham, North Carolina (NC), United States

Friday, December 23, 2005

Dreams

It began with entering a new school, a city high school with wide hallways and starwells and institutional color scheme. I vaguely recall attending some classes and meeting some teachers and walking around a lot. It ended with me searching for her at the end of the day. I looked the last place I'd seen her. I searched up and down halls and stairs. Then I saw the red winter coat and blue jeans and her hair as she went by quickly, heading for an exit. If she'd seen me she ignored me. I called after her. I walked after her. She continued walking quickly, out of the school, into city streets at night. I called and called. I ran. I screamed her name at the top of my lungs.

And then I woke up this morning. Is this a healing dream? Natural expression of wish fulfillment, as Freud argued? Freud said wishful dreams were supposed to help us sleep. Maybe it wasn't one of those. Or maybe that theory itself is wishful thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home